Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Feeling insignificant?

Came across this comic strip. I think this is the crux of our journey. Trying to prove to the world, and to ourselves, that we are significant, noticeable being in this vast space.

Is it one of the reasons that people want kids.. so that after they die, their legacy remains.. a proof that they existed.

We want recognition. We want fame. We want to be acknowledged by the world that we exist. Wait a minute. Did I say "exist"! For most of the people, only the notion that they exist is not enough. We want to be noticed by the world. And the way to do this, is doing something noticeable.

Did you try doing google search on your own name? Well, I did! Just to check my existence on the internet world.

So this feeling that my existence is important is crucial to me. After all, that is why I am living. Living a significant life.

No comments: