Let's talk about 'C'* (confused) people. I think this is a problem of our generation; we are confused. We are confused about so many things in our lives such as -
* I am taking just the single letter 'C' from the popular acronym 'ABCD' used for 'American Born Confused Desis'.
- What do we want to become in life?
- Which job should we take?
- Who is the right partner for us?
- Which country should we live in? (specially for NRIs, a common question that lingers in our minds is, should we go back or should we stay here?)
- Should we marry?
- Do we want kids? (If yes, should we be content with having an only child or should we have two?)
It is not possible that the previous generation was much more resolute than us and hence could decide quickly. I think the problem is that of the immense number of options available to us in each and every spectrum of life. More choices, more confusion. Another factor could be our desire to obtain the best that life can offer us. Does it mean that we are incapable of feeling satisfied easily? I don't know. I don't have an answer as to why we are the way we are. Sometimes, I do wish for lesser choices though.
* I am taking just the single letter 'C' from the popular acronym 'ABCD' used for 'American Born Confused Desis'.
No comments:
Post a Comment